1. (Bilingual) As children, we all rely on the love of those who raise us and care for us, those who teach us how to walk, how to communicate with kindness, and how to appreciate the people who share in our journey.
Como niños, todos confiamos en el amor de los que nos criaron y nos cuidaron, los quien nos enseñan cómo caminar, cómo comunicarnos con amabilidad, y la forma de apreciar las personas quienes comparten en nuestra jornada.
Long before today, it was Bride and Groom’s parents who provided them with the foundation of love.
Hace mucho antes que hoy fueron los padres de Novia y Novio, que les proporcionó el fundamento del amor.
It is their gift of love that guides us, and it is their ability to let us spread our wings and fly into the arms of another who will continue to offer us unconditional love and support.
Es su regalo de amor que nos guía, y es su capacidad para permitir a difundir nuestras alas y volar a los brazos de otro que nos seguirá ofreciendo el amor y el apoyo incondicional
At this time our couple would like to extend a special thank you to their parents for all the love and sacrifice they have made over the years and for all they have done in guiding them to this special moment.
En este momento nuestra pareja desea extender un agradecimiento especial a sus padres por todo el amor y el sacrificio que han hecho en los últimos años y por todo lo que han hecho en guiandolos a este momento especial.
To show their gratitude to their parents, our couple will now present to their mother’s the symbolic gift of beauty, a single rose.
Para mostrar su agradecimiento a sus padres, nuestra pareja les presentará a sus madres el regalo simbólico de la belleza, una sola rosa.
2. As our sons and daughters find partners and find homes for the next generation, each family is enriched and enlarged. Would the parents of the bride and groom please stand.
This occasion is a special celebration for you, the parents who have brought these children into the world, and nurtured them into adulthood. Today you are witnessing another stage in the lives of your son and daughter. Your continuing support and encouragement will be needed as Bride and Groom unite in marriage. Will you who have loved and nurtured these two, try with the greatest love and wisdom you have, to support this new couple and help in every way? (answer: yes)
3. Marriage is a coming together of two lives, and a celebration of the love of two people. But it is more. The love that you feel for one another is the flowering of a seed your mothers planted in your hearts many years ago. When you were first born, you were a bundle of diapers and tears, and your mothers lost sleep caring for you. Their love for you has brought them great happiness and great challenges, and their love did not diminish as they met these challenges. That is the great lesson you can bring into your marriage. As you embrace one another in your love, so too do you embrace the families which have been brought together on this happy occasion. As a token of your gratitude for your families, I would like to ask you to offer these symbols of eternal love, these roses, to your mothers. (Both bride and groom can hand the roses to each mother together, offering the mothers kisses if they wish.)
4. Reading from Mother of the bride - A reading for her daughter
(Saying Brides name), I like to think that you learned from me that some thinks are important. Commitment, love, loyalty, "being there" are at the center of everything. I tried my best to teach you, by example, that life is very complex, that there are no final solutions, there is only commitment to the search for quality and genuineness.
I taught you to value human relationships, to run away from bigotry and to expose it when you find it. I taught you to believe in the value of books, to respect education and learning, to admire goodness, integrity and wisdom. Let's not forget humor. Above all, perhaps, I taught you by example that a thoughtful and examined life requires difficult choices; that there are, for such a life, no instant fixes.
We live in a society which sells trivial answers for every complex human dilemma. In our household, from our example, you were able to draw on a different set of strengths, not available in the ambient society of your growing up. I see all of these strengths in your life now. You have become the kind of woman I dreamed of raising.
5. Groom and Bride, today you stand before us ready to share the rest of your lives together as a married couple. But long before today your parents provided you with a foundation of love and caring which has brought you to this point. At this time Groom and Bride would like to acknowledge the love and sacrifice that each mother has made to make their children who they are today….a man and a woman who are ready to be committed, in a loving marriage of their own… They honor their mothers with the symbolic gift of beauty, the giving of a rose.
(Bride and groom each present a rose to their mother-then return in front of officiant)
6. BRIDE and GROOM wish to let BRIDE’S MOTHER and FATHER and GROOM’S MOTHER and FATHER know how much you mean to them and how important you have been to them from the very beginning. As you have watched and guided them and encouraged them to be the people they are today, so have you been there when they found each other. And it is fitting that today they are here before you, as they have always been, to ask you to witness their joining. They ask that you will still be there to guide them, to be there in difficult times and joyous ones, to be there for their children and to give them your guidance too. You see, this marriage is a marriage of family and BRIDE and GROOM acknowledge that their families are now uniting.
7. Bride Groom………..Marriage is a gift from God, given to us so that we might experience the joys of unconditional love with a lifelong partner. We learn to love by being loved and we first learn about love from our parents. Well it was Bride and Groom’s parents who provided them with the foundation of love and caring which has made them into the loving and responsible people you see standing before you today. At this time our couple would like to extend a special thank you to their parents for all the love and sacrifice they have made over the years and for all they have done in guiding them to this special moment. To show their gratitude to their parents, our couple will now present to their mother’s the symbolic gift of beauty, a single rose.
8. MOTHERS ROSE PRESENTATION
(usually placed before the vows)
Marriage is the celebration of coming together of two lives and it is a celebration of two people in love. El matrimonio es la celebración de la unión de dos vidas y es una celebración de dos personas enamoradas.
The love that Groom/Bride and Groom/Bride feel for one another is a seed that their parents planted in their hearts years ago and today it has blossomed. El amor que el novio / novia y el novio / novia sienten uno por el otro es una semilla que plantaron sus padres en sus corazones hace muchos años y hoy ha florecido.
Today, as they embrace each other in their love, they also embrace the families, which have come together on this happy occasion. Hoy en día, a medida que se envuelven en su amor, también abarcan las familias, que se han unido en esta ocasión feliz.
As a sign of their love for their families, GROOM/BRIDE and GROOM/BRIDE would like to offer these roses, to their mothers as symbols of their eternal love. Como muestra de su amor por sus familias, novio / novia y el novio / a la novia le gustaría ofrecer estas rosas, a sus madres como símbolos de su amor eterno.
These Roses are a promise that no matter how far away you are that you are not forgotten and that you are always in their hearts.
9. This wedding celebration is a joining of two unique families who were separate until today. Today we unite these families by the marriage of Partner 2 and Partner 1. They would each like to honor both their individual families and, now, the families joined together with the giving of a rose to their mothers. They would also like to honor the love and sacrifice that each mother has made to make her children who they are today – – a man and woman who are ready to be in a committed, loving marriage of their own.
(The Couple, together, present a rose to each mother)
As children, our couple relied on the protection and care they received from their parents. . It was their parent's gift of love and caring that helped our couple become the responsible and caring adults they are today. And to honor their parents our couple will now present to their mothers a symbol of love and beauty a single rose.
Cuando eran ninos, nuestra pareja dependian de la protección y el cuidado que les daban sus padres. . Fue ese regalo de amor que ayudó a nuestra pareja a convertirse en los adultos responsables quién son hoy. En honor a sus padres nuestra pareja les presentará a sus madres el símbolo del amor y la belleza, una sola rosa.